Question about 5.0.1 and 5.1 update for iPad 2

dankduke

Member
Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
278
1
18
Austin, FL
#1
Question so I have the iPad 2 on 4.3

I wanted to wait until the untethered jb came out or it but5.1 is coming out soon. I guess I could go without the jb for a little but prefer not to.

If I don't update to 5.1 will I be able to load 5.0.1 on there an jb on that even with 5.1 bejng the only firmware Apple is signing?

What should i do in your op?

Thanks in advance
 

Reisdennis62

Member
Bronze
Oct 11, 2010
214
4
18
26
Livingston, Ca
#2
Question so I have the iPad 2 on 4.3

I wanted to wait until the untethered jb came out or it but5.1 is coming out soon. I guess I could go without the jb for a little but prefer not to.

If I don't update to 5.1 will I be able to load 5.0.1 on there an jb on that even with 5.1 bejng the only firmware Apple is signing?

What should i do in your op?

Thanks in advance
in my opinion I would update now instead of waiting. You won't be able to go to ios 5.0.1 once 5.1 is out and the jailbreaking team is making great progress and there should be a jailbreak out soon for ios 5.0.1
 

Reisdennis62

Member
Bronze
Oct 11, 2010
214
4
18
26
Livingston, Ca
#3
there's no jailbreak release yet for A5 devices like the iPad 2 and iPhone 4S. That's for non-A5 devices
 
Last edited by a moderator:

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
2,274
238
63
33
Louisville, KY
#4
Even if you do not update, I would suggest retrieving your 5.0.1 SHSH blobs via TinyUmbrella now, because Apple have already patched the exploit in 5.1, and having your SHSH blobs will be the only way to install 5.0.1 once 5.1 is out.
 

verbalj

Member
Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
390
4
18
NYC
#5
Question so I have the iPad 2 on 4.3

I wanted to wait until the untethered jb came out or it but5.1 is coming out soon. I guess I could go without the jb for a little but prefer not to.

If I don't update to 5.1 will I be able to load 5.0.1 on there an jb on that even with 5.1 bejng the only firmware Apple is signing?

What should i do in your op?

Thanks in advance
I'm in the same boat. I'll be giving up my precious jailbreak very soon (probably this weekend). Remaining on 4.3.3 isn't worth the risk of missing 5.0.1. All the latest updates to pod2g's blog keeps hinting at the impending release.