question about 5.1.1 update......

Aug 28, 2011
Virginia
i have a iPhone 4 with 5.1 with tethered jb and i have tried about 5 times to update to 5.1.1 and then jailbreak again but the update jus keep saying failed.......soooo what do i do? thanks in advance for the help :)

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
It jus says update fail on my phone! To restore I jus put in shut down mode and restore w iTunes? Sorry kinda new at this lol tks
I would plug into laptop or computer and open iTunes if it does not auto open. Then press "Restore". It will update and you can then re-jailbreak if you'd like, and restore from backup etc.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Thread moved to the iPhone Jailbreak section.

Jailbreaking 'breaks' the OTA (Over-The-Air) update. You have to connect you device to iTunes and update/restore that way.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
What do you mean? So they don't have to rejailbreak with the untethered? That would be nice.
It's happened before, you've been able to run Redsn0w over a tethered jailbreak in the past, to make it un-tethered. Corona was also released with the last jailbreak which un-tethered previously tethered users by simply installing a .deb package from Cydia :)