Question about a file in Outlooks

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
Im syncing all of my contacts/calendar info from outlooks 2002. So far so good except only one picture will show up on my phone. The picture showing up shows up with the picture that i included in this post(bottom left hand corner). What kind of file is that? He's the only contact in my outlooks like that and the only contact picture that'll show up on my iPhone. Thanks!

Attachments

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
That seems to be the contact screen from Outlook 2002, which to the best of my knowledge did not support picture ID. I think you will need to mannually add your pictures to the little picture box in outlook 2003 for the iPhone to be able to use them. You do realize if you add the pictures (for contact caller id) in the box in outlook 2003 you will see the picture as a small thumbnail on the top right corner of the phone. If you add pictures from files on your pc direct to the iPhone it will act as a wallpaper

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
i went online to see how much outlooks 2003 is. It's still near $100 and it's 5 years old!

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
i went online to see how much outlooks 2003 is. It's still near $100 and it's 5 years old!
It is more popular than Outlook 6.0 (08 version) due to all the problems with Outlook 6.0 (08 version). It takes Microsoft a few years to figure out problems. By the time they get the current software working. They then release a new problem filled version. If you use Windows you always have to stay one or two generations behind what is currently out if you want it to work correctly. Save yourself the headache and switch to Mac. You will love it. Mark

As a Footnote: compared to just Outlook 03 costing 100.00. You can get the entire iWork suite for 79.00...Mark

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I agree with Swagger on everything said. Especially about getting a mac, even if you purchase a used mac to get a feel for it, you will soon forget why you ever owned a windows machine.