Question about ActiveSync

Nemss316

Bronze
Jun 17, 2008
St. Louis, MO
So, I'm reading some of the features that the iPhone includes. I see that it has the capability to receive Word, Excel, and PP attatchments. Does that mean that you can actually work on Word, Excel and PP documents?

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
So, I'm reading some of the features that the iPhone includes. I see that it has the capability to receive Word, Excel, and PP attatchments. Does that mean that you can actually work on Word, Excel and PP documents?
not too sure about your title and your related post. Anyway there is going to be viewing support for word etc. I'd say software from the app store ala documents to go will be in the pipeline for editing but I do worry still about the feasibility of this without copy & paste. How can you work on docs without this ability!

hitrho5

Bronze
Jun 26, 2008
Florida
unfortunately......no. that would be cool though. its about time they got the iPhone to read ppt files. but no, u can't work on documents, the closest thing u can do is use the notes app.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
I'd be very surprised if there isn't an app available shortly after the App Store opens that lets you edit these files. Who knows, M$ is hiring more Mac folks, maybe they'll release an iPhone version of Office. :eek:

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I certainly hope they'll have an Office editing app soon. That would really take the iPhone to new levels.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I agree it's very likely we'll see some office suite type apps before too long. For Excel editing, there is one announced app already - Mariner Calc ...

Notable that they also do a Mac word proessor app - don't see why they wouldn't look to take that to the iPhone as well ...