Question about App Syncing via iTunes

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by Rafagon, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Hi, I have a couple of questions regarding App Syncing via iTunes. I had some iOS apps on my iPhone that I've deleted. However, every time I sync my iPhone via iTunes, the apps keep coming back from the copies of the Apps that were saved in iTunes. How do I delete these apps from iTunes backups of the apps so that they don't keep coming back?

Also, in this screen, on the left column, all the way down, there is a setting for "Automatically sync new apps." Currently, I have it checked. I was wondering if this setting syncs newly added apps, or newly added apps and also new updates to existing apps?

Thank you for your help!

Rafael
    apps.jpg

2. snowtrooper1966

Gold

IIRC, on the top row of tabs, you should be able to select an app and remove it.
    It's been awhile since I've been on my PC, but it may involve a right click......

3. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Yes, a right click will ask if you want to remove it or put it in the recycle bin (windows). Put them in the recycle bin unless your 100% sure you don't want the app anymore, then just delete it.

4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Thanks, guys! Also, even if I remove it completely, from the Mac and the iPhone, the App Store knows than I downloaded it previously, so in the event I should ever want that app again, I should be able to get it free, correct?

Sent from my alphanumeric pager.

5. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

That is correct. You should be able to go to the app store, purchases and find the ones you removed and get them again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Thanks RoofMonkey... Just saw all the new icons, LOL... You got my first "Agree."