Question about Apple Care Replacement Quality

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Yogos

Jun 30, 2007
For the people here who have gotten their iPhones replaced through Apple care for whatever issue it may have been, did the replacement unit contain any defects (cosmetic, dead pixels, dust, "bad" screen) or was the replacement unit sent 100% defect free? I am asking because I am wondering whether the replacement phones that Apple sends are troubleshooted and screened more extensively that the ones sold in stores. Although obviously the same phone, I could see that it would be against Apple's financial interest to send the customer a phone with some new defects only to have that unit returned again.

Fafafoooey

Bronze
Apr 26, 2007
Mine was kinda crappy, with misaligned base. Also, the battery nearly exploded. It got REALLY hot and I powered it down, some kind of short. I then went to the Apple store and replaced it there with a brand new retail one. This one was nice and aligned right at the base, and no battery problem. :)

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
For the people here who have gotten their iPhones replaced through Apple care for whatever issue it may have been, did the replacement unit contain any defects (cosmetic, dead pixels, dust, "bad" screen) or was the replacement unit sent 100% defect free? I am asking because I am wondering whether the replacement phones that Apple sends are troubleshooted and screened more extensively that the ones sold in stores. Although obviously the same phone, I could see that it would be against Apple's financial interest to send the customer a phone with some new defects only to have that unit returned again.
Mine was 100% brand new, same model, everything.

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
Just to be clear there are no Applecare Protection Plans available for iPhone yet.

All replacements so far have either been sone through the initial 14 day return policy or the 1 year warranty.

- SR

Yogos

Jun 30, 2007
Just to be clear there are no Applecare Protection Plans available for iPhone yet.

All replacements so far have either been sone through the initial 14 day return policy or the 1 year warranty.

- SR
I am not talking about Apple care specifically or Apple store. I meant sending the phone to Apple, not returning it to the store though.