Question about backing up the iPhone

harleygold

Bronze
Jul 26, 2008
Anderson, IN
Everytime my phone syncs, it backups it's files. Do you have to backup your files everytime your sync the phone? iTunes is majorly slow and I'd like to do other things like a normal person instead of waiting...

I'm impatient. :sick:

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
Mine was taking very long as well prior to updating to 2.1,The update has fixed most problems related to backup time for me, are you on 2.1?

ron ll

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Mine used to back up everytime as well. But now, evidently since the last upgrade, not only does it not backup, I can't figure out how to force it to backup. Is this something I have mucked up in the settings somewhere?

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Yeah I regret not backing up, just cause it would take many hours to complete :(
-When I get my next iPhone I will let it back-itself up every Monday and friday or something lol;)

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
to be honest, it's no THAT important. As long as you're syncing your contacts to outlook, windows mail, or something like that.

It's only important if you need to save your text messages, notes, and app save files. Other than that, everything else can be synced with your computer, or re-entered after restoring.

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
Except it only handles music!

Videos, contacts, email, SMS, Calendar, Favourites, apps, podcasts, audiobooks ?

I doubt many will give up iTunes for it.

Oct 3, 2008
I was told it is still a beta, the final version might do.

What I only want is to manage my music i.e. 60 to 90% of the things you do with an iPod/iPhone, I don't mind the other features you are speaking of.