Question about Battery Life

Drtydzn12

Nov 4, 2007
So I got an iPhone. And on my first charge, I took my phone off the dock as soon as it had the icon that said the battery was full. Is that okay? Or should I have let the thing charge for an addition 12 hours? I'm asking because that's what I was told to do with my Sidekick when I got it. Does it affect my battery life at all?

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
So I got an iPhone. And on my first charge, I took my phone off the dock as soon as it had the icon that said the battery was full. Is that okay? Or should I have let the thing charge for an addition 12 hours? I'm asking because that's what I was told to do with my Sidekick when I got it. Does it affect my battery life at all?
Personally I didn't even wait for my phone to be fully charged before using it. I don't think it matters how long you charge your device the first time.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
It's always a good idea with any new electronic device (and even every couple months with old ones) to "condition" the battery. This basically involves running the thing dead until it tells you to plug it in, then plugging it in until it's completely charged. This helps to keep the full life and capacity of your battery much longer. I've had great success doing this and have had batteries last much longer than they were suppose to.