Question about calls from contacts with pics

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
When I get a call from my girlfriend it shows her name & a smaller pic across the top bit from other people it takes up the entire screen. How do you set this?

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
Is it using a pic you added to the contact on your computer?

Try adding the pic to her contact details from your phone.

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
I just used used the contacts app. I edited & added a pic but they come up different with incoming calls. I thought there may be a setting somewhere.

talon90

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 17, 2009
Unfortunately no setting on the phone. The difference is in the way they display comes from the difference in how the contact pic was added. If you added the picture to the contact file on your computer, in outlook for example, it will appear as the large picture. If you added it using the contact app on the phone, it will appear the other way. As I recall, via the computer will produce the large picture on the call screen and via the phone will produce the small pic on the call screen.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
Unfortunately no setting on the phone. The difference is in the way they display comes from the difference in how the contact pic was added. If you added the picture to the contact file on your computer, in outlook for example, it will appear as the large picture. If you added it using the contact app on the phone, it will appear the other way. As I recall, via the computer will produce the large picture on the call screen and via the phone will produce the small pic on the call screen.
I think it is the other way aroound.

Compuer = small pic
Phone = larger pic

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
I wish there was an option to set to the full screen or the banner type.