Question about changing email received alert tone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

hookem

Jun 26, 2007
So I recently changed my new-mail.caf to be the CTU ring. Is there a way that I can change the number of times that the new-mail.caf is played for every received email? The CTU ring I created lasts about 10 seconds and rings three times now, so in way I have solved my own problem. However,the issue when I receive a new email and I check it, it continues to finish it's ring. I use this as my pager so if I am asleep it needs to be loud enough and long enough to wake me, but if I am awake, I want to silence it immediately. So I want to change the CTU ring to ring one, but mod the iPhone to execute that ring three times or more.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
So I recently changed my new-mail.caf to be the CTU ring. Is there a way that I can change the number of times that the new-mail.caf is played for every received email? The CTU ring I created lasts about 10 seconds and rings three times now, so in way I have solved my own problem. However,the issue when I receive a new email and I check it, it continues to finish it's ring. I use this as my pager so if I am asleep it needs to be loud enough and long enough to wake me, but if I am awake, I want to silence it immediately. So I want to change the CTU ring to ring one, but mod the iPhone to execute that ring three times or more.
Does pressing the on/off button on the top of the phone real quick stop the tone? It stops the phone from ringing, it may work.

sbankol

Oct 7, 2010
Nwe email alert tone

I have wanted to change my email alert tone but do not know how to. Since you did it successfuly, could you please tell me step by step how I can go about to change mine