Question about contacts...

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by abough87, Apr 8, 2013.

1. abough87

abough87 New Member

Why is it that some contacts photos come up as a tiny pic in the upper right hand corner during a call, and others come up as entire screen? I believe it has to do with syncing with gmail, but can someone clarify and tell me how to make all photos one way or the other? Call me crazy, but I kind of prefer the small pic in the corner ... Anyone?

Sent using iCafe app

2. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

I'm pretty sure you are correct that it has to do with syncing contacts with gmail. I used to sync my contacts with gmail before I switched to iCloud. The pictures I had added through gmail showed up as the small pictures for a call while the contact pictures I added on the device show up as the larger full screen pics.

If you prefer the smaller pics you need to delete the pic from your phone, add it to your gmail contacts on the web, then sync contacts again. If you're syncing over the air it will happen automatically.

3. abough87

abough87 New Member

Thank you :) that's what I thought, but it sounds like too much work for such a minor detail. Oh well.

Sent using iCafe app

4. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

I agree, but I did change it for a couple important people that call more often than others.

5. abough87

abough87 New Member

Changed it to be a smaller pic for frequent callers? Or bigger pic?

6. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Since I prefer the bigger pics, for friends and family at least, I edited the the contact photos on the phone itself. Even using iCloud and my Mac I've noticed that changing a contact pic on the computer results in the small picture showing up on the iPhone when receiving a call. I noticed this when I was trying to decide on a new pic for my girlfriend using the computer to set it. The next time she called it showed up as a thumbnail. I transferred the same photo to the device and edited it there and not it shows up big.

7. Mathew Connelly

Bronze

I also have my iCloud contacts appear with small pictures. Basically all of my iPhone contacts sync to my iCloud account and all of them (the ones who call me anyways) appear with small pics. I have to note, however, that I exported my Gmail contacts in vCard and imported them to iCloud. Maybe it is the same situation.