Question About contacts

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
I have 2 iPhones, well I have one and my girlfriend has one. I have a 8GB and she has a 4GB. the question is, on my iPhone the contact list are in there own indiviual letterings and on the right hand side there are the letters of the alphabet. on her phone it doesn't have none of that. it just has the contacts listed in order. and thats it. why is that?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
My guess would be that you have more contacts than she does, and that she doesn't have enough to warrant the side alphabet strip.

--
Mike

RandomAlec

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
Hm interesting, I have yet to notice an option to even disable the sidebar so the only answer I would have is that the phone may be defective in the sense that it's just missing that feature. I have the 4GB iPhone and I can tell you I have the sidebar.

Check if for some reason it might have to do with the display order in your settings (Settings>Phone>Contacts). I just tested it out on my phone by changing both display orders for my contacts from "First, Last" to "Last, First" and I still had the sidebar present in my contacts list. :(

Eta: Yeah I forgot to mention that too (the member above me beat me to it): it might just be that she doesn't have enough contacts for it to be present.

Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
Hm interesting, I have yet to notice an option to even disable the sidebar so the only answer I would have is that the phone may be defective in the sense that it's just missing that feature. I have the 4GB iPhone and I can tell you I have the sidebar.

Check if for some reason it might have to do with the display order in your settings (Settings>Phone>Contacts). I just tested it out on my phone by changing both display orders for my contacts from "First, Last" to "Last, First" and I still had the sidebar present in my contacts list. :(

Eta: Yeah I forgot to mention that too (the member above me beat me to it): it might just be that she doesn't have enough contacts for it to be present.
Thanks fellas. I will put more numbers and see wat happens.

Update: it was a matter if just adding more contacts . Thanks everyone.