Question about credit ?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 15, 2007
Hello guys I'm a fan of the iPhone, but at this point I'm in other country for vacations and counting the days to get to the US and buy my iPhone, but I have a couple of questions, I was a customer of Verizon for 1 year, and currently 2 years with T-mobile, but for the iPhone I will switch to AT&T, I have my T-mobile under my name, and I have a question how hard is to be approve by AT&T? I mean I don't have a bad credit, but I don't have a perfect outstanding credit. I have 20 years old, and I think for my age I have enough credit, credit cards, a car on my name with a loan on my name, so please any suggestion will help, these things are making my days to think too much... Thanks guys

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
you should be ok. I have a couple negative items on my credit that were chargeoffs when i got screwed in a divorce. My credit score isn't great at all. I paid no deposit, but i do have multiple mortgages and many credit accounts since then that have not been late one time. It's worth a try, the worst they can do is ask for a deposit. even if they do require one, if you pay your bills on time you will get it back after a year.

Jul 15, 2007
I'm only 19 and I don't have any credit at all. Not bad credit, just no credit. and i was approved, and didn't have to pay anything for a deposit :laugh2:

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I'm only 19 and I don't have any credit at all. Not bad credit, just no credit. and i was approved, and didn't have to pay anything for a deposit :laugh2:
I think that ATT has softened up their credit requirements with the launch of the iPhone. First off, if you can pay $600 for an iPhone they probably figure you can afford to pay your bill. but also, if you think of it from a businesss decision, this iPhone is a pretty sweet money making deal for them and even if they have to write off a few bad debts, they stand to make lots of money off of this product. They don't want to scare people off from buying it that otherwise would just because they have little or somewhat bad credit. Now if you have multiple recent charge offs-particularly any with AT&T i would say they would either decline you or require a hefty deposit.

I thought they woudl require some deposit from me, but they didn't. I had a couple chargeoffs from a divorce several years back. VZW made me pay a $125 deposit 3 or 4 years ago and i always heard Cingular/AT&T was tougher than Verizon. But to my delight I was approved with no deposit.