Question about Dock Application

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Does anyone know why the location for the sunburst on the Dock application is in the lower right corner rather than an upper corner where it wouldn't interfere with keyboard tapping? I didn't know if there were certain parts of the screen that were not accessible for programming that made it necessary to put it where it is currently located.
I love the application but wish it was up by the battery symbol instead of down where the return button is on the keyboard.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
I'd ask the developer. It's probably something you could change by looking at one of the plist files I would imagine. I actually removed it because it interfered with the typing and it got annoying when it would switch applications because it thought I had tried to use it.

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
i really loved that dock application but it kept getting in my way when ever i was trying to do something so i had to remove it

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
i really loved that dock application but it kept getting in my way when ever i was trying to do something so i had to remove it
I would remove it but I have seen so many posts where something messes up the screen and all the icons are lost that I am afraid to not have some means to get back into the software. But it does get in the way constantly. Now I just need to find out who the developer is and a means to contact them to request a change if it is possible to do.

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
I would remove it but I have seen so many posts where something messes up the screen and all the icons are lost that I am afraid to not have some means to get back into the software. But it does get in the way constantly. Now I just need to find out who the developer is and a means to contact them to request a change if it is possible to do.
Dock is created by Nate True:
http://cre.ations.net/creation/dock

Honestly, if you're only using it as a backup in case your icons get lost, I would consider uninstalling it. It can be battery drainer, since it's constantly running. If you ever get into a scenario where your icons are lost, just edit the M68AP.plist file via SSH or with iBrickr (if you're on Windows).

smokepsp32

Bronze
Dec 2, 2007
youre saying that this application always running...and it drains up the battery power...

better to remove this application then...