question about exchanging iPhone.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

dayron14

Oct 31, 2007
ok so my dad bought my iPhone and he is not here he is out of town. and i need to exchange my iPhone before the 14 day period is over. so do i need my dad to be there to exchange it or i can just go and do it myself without him because my dad can take me and i can take the box and everything and my att bill and all of that stuff. so yeah do i need my dad to be ther physically?

eric325

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
I'm quite sure you do not need any receipt or proof of purchase to exchange.
when i replace mine at the store, i was not asked to produce any proof of purchase.

sl0ppyshat

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
I'm quite sure you do not need any receipt or proof of purchase to exchange.
when i replace mine at the store, i was not asked to produce any proof of purchase.
just bring it in. You don't need a proof of purchase, when you activated your iPhone Apple is sent that info also and can tell when your warranty began

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
when my phone was replaced i needed my i.d. they ran it into the computer but im not sure what they will do if you don't have it or if the phone isn't in your name i wouldn't think they would make a big deal whats the worst that can happen...if anything have them put a note on your account that say you were there before the 14 day period and they will replace it when you dad gets back....as long as they are aware of the situation i see no problems in them helping you to the best of their ability

dayron14

Oct 31, 2007
when my phone was replaced i needed my i.d. they ran it into the computer but im not sure what they will do if you don't have it or if the phone isn't in your name i wouldn't think they would make a big deal whats the worst that can happen...if anything have them put a note on your account that say you were there before the 14 day period and they will replace it when you dad gets back....as long as they are aware of the situation i see no problems in them helping you to the best of their ability
I exchanged it today but I feel like I got an old and used iPhone because first I all when the guy gave it to me it wasn't I. The original box it was in another little white box. Second of all the thing where the earbhds go is not the same I can actually see some light from there comming I have no idea where that light is cummings from. Also like the serial number is different I mean like I feel like it is a lower version or something like that. Let me as you all something when you guys replaced your iPhone was it nw or did it actually look kind of old? Because I don't know but j am getting way more battery of if this one though. Thanks for your answers......

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Second of all the thing where the earbhds go is not the same I can actually see some light from there comming I have no idea where that light is cummings from.
Interesting, I've never heard anyone report it being any different so I assumed it was normal, but.... I can see the LCD backlight through my headphone port as well. I always thought it was unusual but normal. Is this not the norm?

dayron14

Oct 31, 2007
Interesting, I've never heard anyone report it being any different so I assumed it was normal, but.... I can see the LCD backlight through my headphone port as well. I always thought it was unusual but normal. Is this not the norm?
well the iPhones that they have in the store for people to use and try them do not have that and my old one didn't have that either. but i don't know...ill learn to live with it lol at least my battery lasts longer:)

dayron14

Oct 31, 2007
what was wrong with the other one
that my battery only lasted 3 hours....i only wanted to replace the battery not the whole entire phone because i don't know im weird like that and i felt that i had been the first one to use it, but this one that i got has a different serial different from mine and i feel like its old i mean when they gave it to me it was in a random white box...i don't know i guess its just me lol