Question about existing iPhone V1 user buying new 3G

rgarjr

Bronze
Nov 19, 2007
If someone has the v1 iPhone and has a plan already with ATT and wants to get the new 3G, is the price still 299 or is that only for new customers?

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
If someone has the v1 iPhone and has a plan already with ATT and wants to get the new 3G, is the price still 299 or is that only for new customers?
No, as long as you haven't upgraded or bought any other phones on your line you are fine, they are not holding the v1 against you since you paid full price for it. You will still get it at $199 for 8g $299 for 16g.

rgarjr

Bronze
Nov 19, 2007
No, as long as you haven't upgraded or bought any other phones on your line you are fine, they are not holding the v1 against you since you paid full price for it. You will still get it at $199 for 8g $299 for 16g.
Well how about if you don't qualify for a new phone or whatnot? Do they sell them too you at higher price? I really don't how ATT does this upgrading thing, I just know what I want and buy it from other sources...

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Yes, they will sell at a higher price if you are not eligible for an upgrade but if you haven't gotten any other phone since the v1 you are eligible for the lower price. The best thing to do is look up your account online at AT&T website and check to see if you are eligible. There is a place to check eligibility. Or you can always call and ask.