QUESTION about Free Apps

Jul 4, 2007
My iTunes at work wants to update my iPhone to 2.0, which I already did at home. If I do it, it will erase all of my music, so I'm not going to do it. I visited the app store for the first time, downloaded a few, and sync'd (still at work), but they don't show up on my iPhone. WTF?! Do I need 2.0 to install these apps on my iPhone? Wait, I already upgraded to 2.0 weeks ago.

AntonChigurh

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
Do you have the App Store icon on your iPhone?

lady_bugz22

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
DFW, TX
My iTunes at work wants to update my iPhone to 2.0, which I already did at home. If I do it, it will erase all of my music, so I'm not going to do it. I visited the app store for the first time, downloaded a few, and sync'd (still at work), but they don't show up on my iPhone. WTF?! Do I need 2.0 to install these apps on my iPhone? Wait, I already upgraded to 2.0 weeks ago.
If you already downloaded 2.0 then you should have that app store icon on your phone. You should be able to purchase & install the apps straight to your phone.

Jul 4, 2007
You mean the iTunes Store icon? yes, I have that.

But I've downloaded apps in iTunes on my PC. Can't I sync them to the phone faster?

AntonChigurh

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
Your iPhone hasn't been updated to 2.0 if you do not have the Apps Store and Contacts App icons on it. Go to Settings-General-About and under version it probably says 1.1.4. Plug your phone into iTunes and hit check for updates to get the 2.0 software assuming you have iTunes 7.7.

Jul 4, 2007
I love iTunes. What a great stable product! (heavy sarcasm)

So, I updated to v2.0 on my iPhone and everything is gone. WTF?! All of my contacts, notes, photos, everything... gone. ARGGHGHGHH(#*!( :mad:

bubbamorgan91

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
DC
I love iTunes. What a great stable product! (heavy sarcasm)

So, I updated to v2.0 on my iPhone and everything is gone. WTF?! All of my contacts, notes, photos, everything... gone. ARGGHGHGHH(#*!( :mad:
Everything is gone because thats what the 2.0 update was supposed to do, there were many threads and stories about how 2.0 deletes all of your stuff.

sgrizzle

Jul 17, 2008
Everything is gone because thats what the 2.0 update was supposed to do, there were many threads and stories about how 2.0 deletes all of your stuff.
It deletes everything. Do a restore (which it generally does automatically) and it should put it all back.