Question About Genius' at Apple Store

justinr66

Jul 12, 2007
Does anyone know if the genius' at an Apple store have the same records as the Applecare people. For example, if I had called and talked to Applecare people and they kept a record of what I called about, will the genius' have the same record. Thanks

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
Does anyone know if the genius' at an Apple store have the same records as the Applecare people. For example, if I had called and talked to Applecare people and they kept a record of what I called about, will the genius' have the same record. Thanks

I cannot confirm this right now but from my understanding genius and Apple support employees have access to your support history....

Simon Templar

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Infinite Rider On The Big Dogma
Be careful in how much faith you place in Apples' 'Geniuses'. While it is a catchy title to be sure, few if any live up to it. (And....when someone is given a title like that....one pretty much expects them to live up to it, doesn't one?)

In the several attempts I have made to gain knowledge from an Apple 'Genius', the most informative response I have so far received has been a blank stare.

It's a nice idea. And it is even better window-dressing for their brick-and-mortars. But, at the end of the day, the whole program is little more than fluff.

Pity!

.....sT

tylerdw89

Jul 3, 2007
Hmm, I don't find that to be true at all. The geniuses at Apple West Town in Knoxville seem pretty darn smart (and the other employees for that matter). Maybe they just aren't where you are...

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
So are you planning to lie to Apple about dropping your phone into the commode?

justinr66

Jul 12, 2007
i don't know if i can lie because Applecare already knows i dropped it into the toilet. That is why i am wondering if the geniuses will be able to see what I already told Applecare.

Simon Templar

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Infinite Rider On The Big Dogma
Hmm, I don't find that to be true at all. The geniuses at Apple West Town in Knoxville seem pretty darn smart (and the other employees for that matter). Maybe they just aren't where you are...
Well, Im not far from you at all....but that may be true. I've not the time to travel state to state to test each one that is out there.

What I CAN say, though, is out of the three stores in this state...none are appreciably better than the others.

.....sT