Question about getting an iPhone 3G at Apple Store

Jul 27, 2008
So I don't have AT&T contract right now, but am going to get a contract soon. Would I be able to purchase or order my iPhone and get my contract right then or there if I buy it @ the Apple Store? How does that work? Hoping to go tomorrow and get it if I have the time after work. Thanks in advance! :)

gamedude9742

Bronze
Feb 27, 2008
USA
So I don't have AT&T contract right now, but am going to get a contract soon. Would I be able to purchase or order my iPhone and get my contract right then or there if I buy it @ the Apple Store? How does that work? Hoping to go tomorrow and get it if I have the time after work. Thanks in advance! :)
Yeah at any cingular store they should be able to set it up easily... at an Apple store im not sure about, you would have to go and ask, or mayb go to a cingular store and tell them "hey im a new customer and im getting an iPhone 3g," they will either have one there for you or set it up and give u a sim card or some info to punch in or w/e lol

Jul 27, 2008
Hmm...well, I wanted to go to an Apple Store and get it since it seems like they get iPhones more often during the week than an AT&T store does. But I don't have got a contract yet so I wanted to see if I could just purchase it @ the Apple store! :) Does it take longer or is it about the same if I would order it at AT&T? What is the average wait time on getting the iPhone if you order it?

gamedude9742

Bronze
Feb 27, 2008
USA
ok well idk about a wait time... i went to a cingular store when i got my V1... they had them on display and hand them in stock 2... i have an existing contract... and i was able to set it up in iTunes... im not entirely sure how to do the new ones all i know is that its done in store to help fight the HACKING i believe lol.... even tho they would never admit there software has flaws.... lol good luck hopefuly someone else that has gone through the process wouldn't mind posting... *COUGH* *COUGH*

nyc_rock

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
You can sign up for Att at an Apple store when you buy your phone.

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
When you go to the Apple store to get the phone, they will ask you if you are an existing AT&T customer or are you switching. You tell them you are switching and they'll set you up.

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
Hmm...well, I wanted to go to an Apple Store and get it since it seems like they get iPhones more often during the week than an AT&T store does. But I don't have got a contract yet so I wanted to see if I could just purchase it @ the Apple store! :) Does it take longer or is it about the same if I would order it at AT&T? What is the average wait time on getting the iPhone if you order it?
As the other posters said, yes. I got my 3G at the Apple Store, and became an AT&T customer at the same time. THey are VERY good about walking you through the setup with you, and making sure everything connects and works. I would say go to Apple....they will take care of you for sure.
Takes maybe 45 minutes to go through the buying/activation cycle.

Jul 27, 2008
what luck do y'all think i will have going up to my Apple store and finding one? I've been checking Apple.com for availability and they usually have them in stock every day...thing that sucks is that it opens at 8am and I work mon-fri 7am-5pm but I work about a street away from the Apple store! What should I do? An AT&T store is across the highway from my work...where would I find better luck? I just open a family plan today and got a blackjack 2 for my gf and am waiting to find the iPhone to activate the second line. From what I have read in the forums, white iPhones ship in faster than black ones? I am wanting to buy the white 16gb so yeah...I am a little desperate on getting my iPhone so should I just got ahead and order my iPhone from att or try my luck at the Apple store? The Apple kids say they usually have people lined up as soon as they open so by the time I get there, there might be a decent size line...planning on going around 10ish or so...sorry for such a long message! I just wrote like my whole life story...Haha...thx guys.