Question about GM iOS 7

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by djwindsor, Sep 16, 2013.

1. djwindsor

djwindsor Contributor
    Silver

Hi folks! I was just stumbling the other day and came across a site that said you could upgrade to iOS 7 immediately. I updated iTunes to the latest beta (works fine so far) and updated my IP5 to ios7. I am REALLY liking 7 but I have one concern. I thought this new OS was going to include iMovie, iPhoto and a few other APPS. Will those APPS have to be downloaded separately on release day or will I have to redownload the OS on 9/18 to get those APPS? Thanks.

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Those apps are only free to customers who buy a new iOS device. I believe the cut-off date is September 1st. If you get a new iPhone or iPad, than those apps would of course be on your account, so you could download to your other devices.

3. viperone

viperone New Member

Any thoughts on how iOS 7 will run on the for 4s compared to the 5S because the 5s having a faster processor and better hardware will the for 4S run it effectively, Thx

Sent using iCafe app

4. djwindsor

djwindsor Contributor
    Silver

Thanks for that info Chris. I am glad I posed the question because I don't recall reading that anywhere. I guess I will wait until next year when I get the "6".

Sent using iCafe app

5. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

Don't know where to ask this yearly question so it goes here...

I use AT&T's Micro Cell which makes it possible to make phone calls from my house.

Is there any reason the Micro Cell woulnd't work in iOS7. It works fine with iOS6x.

I've tried to search on the internet but came up with a blank.

6. iksn

iksn Member
    Silver

I also use a Microcell at home. I have electrical towers nearby that play havoc with my signal in my house. I have never had an IOS upgrade have any effect on it before and seriously doubt I will now.

Sent using iCafe app

7. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

I dread calling AT&T for the answer. Again I don't see why it shouldn't work but then it would be a major problem for me if it doesn't.

Why don't one of you folks do me a solid and call AT&T... :D

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

There is no reason the Micro Cell wouldn't work on iOS 7. Also, there would be tons of reports of it not working if it didn't as the beta has been out for months.

9. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

I finally called AT&T and they confirm that their MicroCell will work on iOS7...plus @iksn upgraded and confirmed that all is well. His MicroCell works perfectly!

Yippee!