Question about interference

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

GMAN901

Jul 29, 2007
I am sure this has been discussed earlier, but I was just wondering if there was anything different about the iPhone that causes the interference noise on speakers to be louder and more frequent, then say, my last Pocket PC phone? I did notice interference on it as well; however near my same PC speakers, the sound is incredibly loud. Does this mean that the iPhone has stronger wireless reception, thus emits more static?:)

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I am not positive about whether or not the signal being stronger is because of this but i do know that there is two antennas which could make if louder.

GMAN901

Jul 29, 2007
I am not positive about whether or not the signal being stronger is because of this but i do know that there is two antennas which could make if louder.
Great point! As a matter of fact, my last phone only had BT and no wifi. Would it matter if I keep my wifi off? I usually always have it off and leave my BT radio on. I really notice the interference when mail is getting pulled off the server. I tried turning down my speakers but the interference is the same volume until I turn off my speakers.

cdodkin

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
www.d30-images.com
The interference is caused by GSM not BT or wi-fi.

Your last phone probably didn't run on GSM - iPhone does, and it is a 'feature' that it can get into audio devices as a pulsing, buzzing noise.

Some devices more than others - depends on how well RF screened the device is.

Is normal, a pain, and is not fixable.