Question about iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

artjr

Sep 10, 2007
Tunkhannock, Pa.
Well I am very new to this forum and I have questions about the iPhone. I am a strong Blackberry user but thinking on trying out iPhone. One question I have is can I use any pics as wallpaper? With my Curve, I can make any pic my wallpaper...like family pics or anything. Can this be done with the iPhone? Can I just snap a pic and use it as wallpaper on the iPhone? I have a few other questions, but I will ask later. I am still reading up on the iPhone and deciding if I should purchase one or not? Do you think there will be a 16Gig with 3G soon? Just something I read somewhere.

Art

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Well I am very new to this forum and I have questions about the iPhone. I am a strong Blackberry user but thinking on trying out iPhone. One question I have is can I use any pics as wallpaper? With my Curve, I can make any pic my wallpaper...like family pics or anything. Can this be done with the iPhone? Can I just snap a pic and use it as wallpaper on the iPhone? I have a few other questions, but I will ask later. I am still reading up on the iPhone and deciding if I should purchase one or not? Do you think there will be a 16Gig with 3G soon? Just something I read somewhere.

Art
Yes you can use any picture as your wallpaper. And there won't be a 3G phone before Christmas, I can almost guarantee you that. Apple's reasoning behind lowering the price to $399 was "to put an iPhone in everyone's stocking" for the holidays. Doing a new iPhone after saying this would make a lot of people really mad who bought a $399 one for the holidays.

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
Well, to clarify, even though they call it "wallpaper" it really isn't "wallpaper." See, when you first flip the phone on there is a screen that comes up that makes you slide a bar across the screen to unlock it. The "wallpaper" picture that you have selected will be in the background on this screen. Once the device is unlocked you are taken to the main OS of the iPhone. The background for this and all other programs (email; phone; etc.) is a black background.
Hope this helps.

Feb 12, 2009
I've had my iPhone for almost 2 years now and am about to jump ship. The AT&T service is horrible. Constant dropped calls have gotten on my last nerve and I'm just not happy at all. I've called or emailed AT&T weekly complaining and everything I've done has not helped my service at all. So I'll be making the call to switch over to Verizon and probably get with blackberry. :( I love the phone ... just can't stand the service for yet another year.

The one thing I did question is whether or not I'll be able to use my iPhone as basically a iPod touch - still use the wifi in the house, use my apps and have all my iTunes music. Or will it constantly try and connect to AT&T? I have no idea ... anyone know the answer?

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Like Brown said, you'll be fine. What I'd recommend though is just turning ON Airplane Mode and turning ON WiFi. You can have both running at the same time and this will eliminate any annoying errors, etc. (i.e., NO SIM).

Feb 12, 2009
Thanks so much! =) Just didn't want to lose the ability to still use my iPhone for apps, music and wifi.

I appreciate your answers!