Question about manually managing music and videos..

Aug 9, 2007
Hey all I'm not sure if this has been talked about before or not but I had a quick question about manually managing content. I decided to do it today because it would be easier for me to pick and choose what I want. The problem I came across is earlier today I got everything I wanted on my iPhone and things were great. later on in the night I decided to put a ripped dvd on there but when I went to click sync movies a message came up that said:

"are you sure you want to sync movies? all existing songs, movies and tv shows on the iPhone will be removed and replaced with movies from your iTunes library"

I want to put the new movie on there but I really don't want to have to replace every single item each time I want to sync a new video. If anyone has any suggestions I'd really appreciate it.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Hey all I'm not sure if this has been talked about before or not but I had a quick question about manually managing content. I decided to do it today because it would be easier for me to pick and choose what I want. The problem I came across is earlier today I got everything I wanted on my iPhone and things were great. later on in the night I decided to put a ripped dvd on there but when I went to click sync movies a message came up that said:

"are you sure you want to sync movies? all existing songs, movies and tv shows on the iPhone will be removed and replaced with movies from your iTunes library"

I want to put the new movie on there but I really don't want to have to replace every single item each time I want to sync a new video. If anyone has any suggestions I'd really appreciate it.
Is it possible that your movie file, is larger than the space you have left on your iPhone? Mark

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
just click and drag the movie onto the iPhone man.

when you choose "manually manage music/videos" you cannot sync music/videos anymore, which is what that error is about.