Question about map application

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
I'm going to Pismo Beach this weekend and i wanna use the maps app on the iPhone. Problem is that it's giving me the long way. Is there any way to make it go a different route?

Last edited by a moderator:

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
Nope. The Maps does not offer alternative routes unfortunately .

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
You can change your starting point with the pin. Drop a new pin, drag it and have it start closer to your intended route. Then, tap on the pin and get "directions from here" to your destination. It's not EXACTLY what you want, but it will do the trick. The only thing is, you have to navigate or get directions to the new pin that you dropped first.

But you can also make a route to the from your current GPS position to the dropped pin so it actually works pretty good. If you use this route frequently, bookmark the new dropped pin and use it as a waypoint.

Good luck.

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
You can change your starting point with the pin. Drop a new pin, drag it and have it start closer to your intended route. Then, tap on the pin and get "directions from here" to your destination. It's not EXACTLY what you want, but it will do the trick. The only thing is, you have to navigate or get directions to the new pin that you dropped first.

But you can also make a route to the from your current GPS position to the dropped pin so it actually works pretty good. If you use this route frequently, bookmark the new dropped pin and use it as a waypoint.

Good luck.
That is a great trick!