Question about Mobileme

Jul 15, 2007
I have a question about Mobilme. Maybe it's a stupid question. I know that I need to create a .mac account or a me account. That means that when someone sends me an e-mail to the acct that I have set up on my iPhone will be on a different folder? basically I need to notify everybody about my new acct? I'm sorry about the question, but I don't really get it.

mac29

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
I have a question about Mobilme. Maybe it's a stupid question. I know that I need to create a .mac account or a me account. That means that when someone sends me an e-mail to the acct that I have set up on my iPhone will be on a different folder? basically I need to notify everybody about my new acct? I'm sorry about the question, but I don't really get it.
If you're going to be using mobile me, you are going to have to change your main address to either mac or me.com. So, yes you have to let everyone know of the change. Or, you can have your current email set to forwarding, so you can have your email forwarded to your new email address, but then I don't think that will be instant, kind of defeats the purpose.