Question about MP3-Player control

unixtroll

Oct 11, 2007
Hi! I live in Europe and the iPhone is about to be released here next month, and I have these simple questions: AFAIK the iPhone doesn't have any buttons, only touchscreen. Is it possible to keep the iPhone in one's pocket and be able to control things like track forward, pause, etc.? Or do you have to get the phone OUT of your pocket every time you want to skip a track or sth.? Is there some kind of headphone remote control, like the ones Sony Ericsson phones often come with? Thanks helping out a clueless idiot like me :)

winterymix

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
St. Albans, WV
The headphones that come with the iPhone have a small clicker in-line that servers as a microphone if you are using the phone, and a control for the ipod. If you want to pause the song you are listening to, you just click it once, if you want to skip to the next song, double-click it. So, no, you don't have to take the phone out of your pocket to control the player. You do, however, have to adjust the volume with the little rocker-button on the side of the phone...but you can do that fairly easily without taking the phone out of your pocket.

-Winterymix