Question About My iPhone

ChArLiE713

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
I have a problem with my iPhone when I start it up. I can't use any apps, can't scroll, can't do anything. The only way I could fix this is to do a restart with phone with the home and sleep buttons. I even know when this is going to happen as the phone starts. White lines show up on the screen just before the phone fully starts.

When I get to the homrescreen and can press on the apps, but once it starts can't do anything. I can't click contacts (or anything), scroll, can't do anything. Has anyone had this problem and how can I fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. My iPhone is 1.1.4 jailbroken by ziPhone3.

1 more thing when all this happens, when I press the sleep button, usually the screen is black, well the screen just shows a darker version of my wallpaper. I would post some taken pictures, but I can't press anything on my phone.

ChArLiE713

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
It has been doing that so frequently now that I can't even use my iPhone. I wasted a whole battery today just to get it to work by restarting and restarting.

ChArLiE713

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
One more thing...if I have to restore...what program should I use to jailbreak it again?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I would suggest your restore as a NEW iPhone. This will get rid of most if not all of the remnants of a bad Jailbreak. I would recommend using ZiPhone as it is one of the most popular Jailbreak methods and is fairly easy.

ChArLiE713

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Alright looks like I'm going to have to restore. I has a problem though...the computer that I use to jailbreak and iTunes screen broke. Is it possible to restore on another computer?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Yeah you can restore on any computer that has iTunes installed. However, if all of your contacts and such is stored on the other computer then you're going to have to put it all in manually until you can sync on that computer.

ChArLiE713

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Alright thanks for all your help. I'll probably restore tomorrow...

ChArLiE713

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Sorry, one more thing...which is better? Installer through ziPhone or cydia through iLiberty?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Well it's really a personal preference type thing. I use Installer through ZiPhone with relatively no problems so I just stick to that. I've heard good thing about iLiberty too though.