Question about my white iPhone 3GS cracking issue

i took off my case to clean my phone and found a really, really small crack at my camera. it doesn't look deep at all and isn't too big of a deal. you honestly can't even see it unless you're in the right light and looking for it. my phone also came with a small chunk out of the chrome bezel so the crack was probably there when i got it too. but i'm just wondering, is it going to get larger? am i going to have to go through the whole process of replacing the phone eventually? i just want to know what to expect because i never had a problem with my 3g. thanks!

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I have gone through 2 white 3g iPhones because of cracking. I'm currently on my third, so far no cracks, I baby my iPhone and if I am going to pay a lot of money for a phone I don't expect it to crack unless I drop. When it gets noticeable I would get it replaced.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I too would get it replaced. Just make sure you do so before your warranty is up and if jailbroke, restore as a new phone first.

Bitewound

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
Biteyland NYC
I've had 2 white 3g's replaced in the last year due to small cracks. Hope i don't have to deal with this again with the new 3GS. Apple will replace it as long as it does not look like you dropped it.