question about pwnage 2.0 and 2.0 fmw

HeiHeit

May 22, 2008
ok so, i have a first gen iPhone and the other night i updated to 2.0 firmware as well as iTunes 7.7. well, heres the kicker, i don't actually use my iPhone as a phone but for everything else. why you may ask? well.. because i can i suppose.. i had an ipod touch and sol it for $270 and then bought my iPhone for $300, pretty good. so heres my question: will pwnage tool activate my iPhone as well as unlocking and jailbreaking or am i screwed? if it isn't then please tell me a way i can get back to 1.1.4. and ive already tried restoring from iTunes 7.7 and got unknown error (20) and then downgraded to iTunes 7.5 but then it couldnt open because the iTunes library file could not be read so i really appreciate your help! thanks guys!

eureka

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
ok so, i have a first gen iPhone and the other night i updated to 2.0 firmware as well as iTunes 7.7. well, heres the kicker, i don't actually use my iPhone as a phone but for everything else. why you may ask? well.. because i can i suppose.. i had an ipod touch and sol it for $270 and then bought my iPhone for $300, pretty good. so heres my question: will pwnage tool activate my iPhone as well as unlocking and jailbreaking or am i screwed? if it isn't then please tell me a way i can get back to 1.1.4. and ive already tried restoring from iTunes 7.7 and got unknown error (20) and then downgraded to iTunes 7.5 but then it couldnt open because the iTunes library file could not be read so i really appreciate your help! thanks guys!
yes bro u def have to go back to 7.5 on iTunes and u have to restore your phone in dfu mode and load the 1.1.4 , pwnage won't activate or unlock or jb your 2.0 phone until u are back down to 1.1.4

there is no way yet...or at least released online to jailbreak the 2.0