Question about rate plan moving from feature phone to iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Crazieukfan

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
My mother and I share a plan already with AT&T. MY ? is will we be able to cancell our plan get the cheapest iPhone plan that corespondes with the one we have and then add a line for her.

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
My mother and I share a plan already with AT&T. MY ? is will we be able to cancell our plan get the cheapest iPhone plan that corespondes with the one we have and then add a line for her.

You will just add the iPhone plan to your existing plan. +$20

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
What if i don't want to do that.

Well, its actually the same prices as the other plans. So you will pay the same amount in the end anyways, no matter which way you slice it. Give us an example of what you are thinking. What are you paying now, how would your plan save you $$?

Crazieukfan

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
We don't have a Family plan me and my mother. I am going to try to get a new plan that isn't family because its cheaper that way. We want the $60 rate plan and then add a line for 10 dollars cause my mom will never get an i phone so what the point. On the bottom on the family rate plans it says this
*Price reflects one line. A minimum of two lines are required. Additional iPhone lines are $29.99 each. Family plans for two iPhones start at $109.99. Additional SMS text messages can be added to any plan. Do u see what im saying

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Lets say you pay 100 a month for the 2 of you. Add an iPhone it will be 120. Now if you cancel that plan ^ it will be 175 on top of your new plan, I don't see why you would want to do that

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
We don't have a Family plan me and my mother. I am going to try to get a new plan that isn't family because its cheaper that way. We want the $60 rate plan and then add a line for 10 dollars cause my mom will never get an i phone so what the point. On the bottom on the family rate plans it says this
*Price reflects one line. A minimum of two lines are required. Additional iPhone lines are $29.99 each. Family plans for two iPhones start at $109.99. Additional SMS text messages can be added to any plan. Do u see what im saying
You can't add a line to the cheapest iPhone plan because its an individual plan. Your cheapest move would be to convert your existing service to the cheapest non-iphone familytalk plan for $59.99 (550 minutes) and then add on the iPhone plan for $20 on the extra line.

Do you see?

Just convert your existing plan to whatever makes the most sense for you before changing your line to an iPhone.

Crazieukfan

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
yes i was just checking i thought maybe it would work. the plan we have now is a individual plan with the 9.99 extra line on to it but its ok i will just deal with it

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
yes i was just checking i thought maybe it would work. the plan we have now is a individual plan with the 9.99 extra line on to it but its ok i will just deal with it
You can't have an extra line on an individual plan, the plan you have already is a familytalk plan, you just didn't realize it. But you can convert the extra line from a regular line $9.99 to the iPhone line for $29.99. Trust us, no matter which way you slice it, its the same price. Unless of course your account has FAN codes, but thats a whole 'nother discussion.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
I'm getting so tired of ppl asking the SAME "family plan" questions and junk.....I think only one person on the board even works for AT&T, and I'm not even sure if he's responded to this thread....

All these same questions from ppl, directed to ppl that know just as little as you! Half the questions are just common sense, for christ's sake!