Question About Ringtones

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

topcat84

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Hi Everyone !

I think that I just did something stupid......My wife and I are away from the PC desktop at home, so I wanted to download a new ringtone onto my laptop from iTunes, (Mike Oldfield's "Tubular Bells"). Anyway, the download went fine, but when I connected my iPhone to iTunes and clicked onto the ringtones tab, selected the ringtone and clicked apply, a window popped up saying if I wanted to sync this ringtone, it would erase all my music, videos, and photos because you can only sync with one computer. (You've got to be kidding me !) Is there any way around this w/o just buying it again on my home desktop and syncing my iPhone with it ?

I'd really rather stick with iTunes since I seriously doubt I'll be buying more than a couple of more ringtones. Thanks in advance. Cheers !

diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC
Hi Everyone !

I think that I just did something stupid......My wife and I are away from the PC desktop at home, so I wanted to download a new ringtone onto my laptop from iTunes, (Mike Oldfield's "Tubular Bells"). Anyway, the download went fine, but when I connected my iPhone to iTunes and clicked onto the ringtones tab, selected the ringtone and clicked apply, a window popped up saying if I wanted to sync this ringtone, it would erase all my music, videos, and photos because you can only sync with one computer. (You've got to be kidding me !) Is there any way around this w/o just buying it again on my home desktop and syncing my iPhone with it ?

I'd really rather stick with iTunes since I seriously doubt I'll be buying more than a couple of more ringtones. Thanks in advance. Cheers !

Just copy the music file from your laptop to your PC, then add it to your library in iTunes. When you click on it, it may ask you to verify your Apple account....once you do, you should be all set.

~S