question about ringtones

apple718

Bronze
May 27, 2009
hello i made customs ring tones and uploaded them through iTunes..but for some reason they sound like crap on my iPhone...does anyone know if there's anything that could be done?

Conv5

Bronze
May 28, 2009
Lubbock, Texas
Well for one you mis-spelled "Question" but that is ok.

The same thing happened to my iPhone but i went back and re-downloaded the songs off iTunes and after that they worked fine, but your's might have something else wrong with it.

Recently my bestfriend's iPhone did that and he couldn't figure out what it was so he just let it go and after a few days they sounded great.

It could possibly be you'r speakers so you might want to get it checked if they keep sounding bad.

apple718

Bronze
May 27, 2009
you just spelled it the same way...

and it doesn't make sense because i have songs on the iPhone and they sound great.

Adam1389

Silver
Nov 20, 2008
Ilwaco, WA
Well for one you mis-spelled "Question" but that is ok.

The same thing happened to my iPhone but i went back and re-downloaded the songs off iTunes and after that they worked fine, but your's might have something else wrong with it.

Recently my bestfriend's iPhone did that and he couldn't figure out what it was so he just let it go and after a few days they sounded great.

It could possibly be you'r speakers so you might want to get it checked if they keep sounding bad.
Hello pot, this is kettle :D

Are you using iTunes to make your ringtones or a different program?

apple718

Bronze
May 27, 2009
no not iTunes...someone told me to go to mobilespin.net

Adam1389

Silver
Nov 20, 2008
Ilwaco, WA
Ah, ok. Not sure how that one works. When it makes the ringtone, it might be increasing the volume before it saves it, so when you put it on your phone, its causing the speakers to clip. I'll check out the website and see for you.

Can't get on with out registering. Looks like a pain to do it through them. I've been using iPhoneringtonemaker. They have a free trial. and its like $7.00 after that. Really simple to use, and imports straight to iTunes. My ringtones have come out perfect there is no options to change sound settings on the songs, its just load the song, pick your 30 second clip, and done

apple718

Bronze
May 27, 2009
Ah, ok. Not sure how that one works. When it makes the ringtone, it might be increasing the volume before it saves it, so when you put it on your phone, its causing the speakers to clip. I'll check out the website and see for you.

thanks a lot