question about syncing and apps

lionqueen

Bronze
Aug 28, 2009
Beautiful San Francisco
I have about 89 apps on my iPhone 3G. Last time (months and months ago) I synced (i had a lot less apps, too), I lost a few apps - I have no idea why. I stopped syncing, cos of that and cos I was in a "not listening to music" phase and I didn't care about putting more music on my phone. Well now I want to sync so I can update my phone info, so when I get my iPhone 4 in a couple weeks I can plug it in and update everything and be good to go.. but now I have these 89 apps, and when I plug in my iPhone and check sync apps, only the default apps show up on the computer screen. I'm afraid if I sync I'm going to lose all my apps :/ Can someone explain to me how to sync and get all my downloaded apps into iTunes? Cos for some reason they just don't show up.

Calvinle88

Bronze
May 15, 2010
I have about 89 apps on my iPhone 3G. Last time (months and months ago) I synced (i had a lot less apps, too), I lost a few apps - I have no idea why. I stopped syncing, cos of that and cos I was in a "not listening to music" phase and I didn't care about putting more music on my phone. Well now I want to sync so I can update my phone info, so when I get my iPhone 4 in a couple weeks I can plug it in and update everything and be good to go.. but now I have these 89 apps, and when I plug in my iPhone and check sync apps, only the default apps show up on the computer screen. I'm afraid if I sync I'm going to lose all my apps :/ Can someone explain to me how to sync and get all my downloaded apps into iTunes? Cos for some reason they just don't show up.
Do not worry, you will not lose any apps, especially those you have paid for as it will be in iTune's main folder under APPS. You can check <ALL> Apps in the apps folder and sync. When the prompt ask if you wish to sync and risk losing your previously loaded apps, just click OK (as there are no other apps in your iPhone as you mentioned, so there is no risk of losing them, right?) As long as you maintain your account with iTunes, you should be okay. So go ahead and sync. If you are missing any previous apps, just do a search for it and re-download from Apple store to your phone.

Holpe that helps. Do give us feedback on your progress.

lionqueen

Bronze
Aug 28, 2009
Beautiful San Francisco
Thanks, I went ahead and did it and didn't lose any apps :) Don't know why I lost a few last time, but whatever it was, it didn't reoccur, so it's all good. Roll on June 24th :cool:

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
You probably didn't have all of your apps checked off in your app tab when the phone was plugged in to iTunes.