Question About Syncing with iTunes

GADeputy

Bronze
Jan 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
Question About Syncing with iTunes

OK, I've got a question about syncing my iPhone with iTunes. When I first got my iPhone I performed a sync so all of my contacts that were in Outlook Express got transferred onto my phone. Since then I've added tons of new contacts onto my phone. My question is, if I re-sync with Outlook Express will all of my contacts that I've added to my phone be transferred to Outlook Express or will they be removed from my iPhone? In other words, does syncing only transfer data from the computer and to the phone and NOT from the phone to the computer or does it transfer data to and from both... similar to ActiveSync?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
The contacts should be transferred back from the iPhone onto your computer in addition to syncing from your computer to your iPhone. I tested it out with a few contacts I recently added to my phone and once I synced to my computer the contacts were added into my contacts in Outlook. If I'm not mistaken, I think it asks if you want to overwrite all of the numbers or just add the additional ones in fact.