Question about syncing?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ryanb

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
If I sync up some music from my main PC.. and then I want to add some music from another computer.. how do i do that? With my Ipod I was able to just drag stuff into it but the iPhone wants to sync everything. If I sync the music from my laptop as well won't that delete all the music I got from my PC? I have the same question for photos as well.

Thanks!

ryanb

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
just wanted to bump this real quick, seems like this should be an easy one to answer.

I would really appreciate any advice you guys can offer! :)

Thanks

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
If I sync up some music from my main PC.. and then I want to add some music from another computer.. how do i do that? With my Ipod I was able to just drag stuff into it but the iPhone wants to sync everything. If I sync the music from my laptop as well won't that delete all the music I got from my PC? I have the same question for photos as well.

Thanks!
You can't sync it with two different computers. If you do it will wipe out all the music you loaded from the first one.

If you want to add music from another computer, copy the .mp3 files onto a big flash drive and then transfer them into your iTunes library on the second computer.

Also, if you want to move the entire iTunes library from one computer to another one, then you can just copy the entire iTunes folder onto a larger flash drive and then onto the second computer and it will completely replace it. That's the way you save the music to a new computer when it's time to upgrade.

ryanb

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Ive got another question then.

Let's say I sync up a couple of movies onto my iPhone but I decided to delete those movies from my harddrive. When syncing new movies onto the iPhone would theold movies be deleted because I'm not clicking on them as well?

Sorry if that sounds confusin, I'm still trying to get used to the whole iTunes thing.

Appreciate any advice youve got :)

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Ive got another question then.

Let's say I sync up a couple of movies onto my iPhone but I decided to delete those movies from my harddrive. When syncing new movies onto the iPhone would theold movies be deleted because I'm not clicking on them as well?

Sorry if that sounds confusin, I'm still trying to get used to the whole iTunes thing.

Appreciate any advice youve got :)
Unless you've got it set to manually manage the files. If you've got it set to sync with all checked items it would delete the movies.

ryanb

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
how do i set to be manually managed?

And is it too annoying to use?

Sorry I have so many questions I'm just relatively new to iTunes

Thanks again

gooch

Jul 6, 2007
Currently the iPhone CANNOT be manually managed. There is no official stance from Apple as of yet as to whether they will incorporate it at a later date or not.

I took a large external drive and consolidated all of my libraries to it. Yes it was a pain in the arse, but I can get any of my songs or movies onto the iPhone now.

Good Luck!