Question about Text Messages

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Zanthe, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

I never noticed this before but when I get a text it shows on my lock screen.

I see phone with badges showing the number of text messages. Mine doesn't seem to do that or I'm doing somthing funny. If I opne the lock screen it goes right to text messages and thereforee I am reading it immediately whether I want to or not. How do I not read them and look later t the bade to see how many are there?

What's the deal?

2. Tjbway

Tjbway New Member

Are you unlocking the phone right as you get a text? Usually that happens if you are. If your phone goes black after a text then when you unlock if you should have a badge. Also check notification settings for messages and make sure you have badges turned on

3. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

Well the screen was black and when I hit turned it on the text messages were still on the screen. So when I unlocked it went right to the message. :mad:

I have the badges turned on in notification.

Am I just going to the locked screen too quickly after a message arrives?

4. Tjbway

Tjbway New Member

So if you don't hit the home button after you are done reading a text when you unlock the phone you will still be in messages. Are you sliding the unlock bar? Or are you sliding the text message icon on the home screen?

5. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

Yes that is what I'm doing ... sliding the unlock bar. Funny I never noticed this before.

Ah...so now I just got a text while I was composing an en=mail and hit cancelled. Then when I went to my home screen the badge did display. :confused:

6. Tjbway

Tjbway New Member

There you go! Now you got it!

7. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold