question about text messages

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

VALET dude

Bronze
Oct 16, 2007
Las Vegas
on my plan, i have the 200 text messages. now my question is, can i text message 200 times? or does it count when i receive text messages? Thanks in advance.

Oct 23, 2007
For an extra $5 you can send/receive as many texts/MMS to any AT&T user in the US. For $19.99 more, you can have unlimited to anyone on any network.
Did you know with a non iPhone data plan you can upgrade to unlimited texting for only 5 dollars? Whats even worst is that Att is charging you 20 bucks and you cant even send videos or pictures. Its pretty much a rip off for us iPhone users. :(

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
You can send MMS to other peoples phone's (using an email address) and they can send an MMS to you, but it also has to be in the form of an email.

Sending it to any of the addresses below will show up on their phone as a MMS:

Alltel = xxxxxxxxxx@message.alltel.com
AT&T = xxxxxxxxxx@mms.att.net
Boost Mobile = xxxxxxxxxx@myboostmobile.com
Cingular (AT&T) = xxxxxxxxxx@mms.mycingular.com
Einstein PCS = xxxxxxxxxx@einsteinmms.com
Sprint = xxxxxxxxxx@messaging.sprintpcs.com
T-Mobile = xxxxxxxxxx@tmomail.net
US Cellular = xxxxxxxxxx@mms.uscc.net
Verizon Wireless = xxxxxxxxxx@vzwpix.com
Virgin Mobile = xxxxxxxxxx@vmobl.com

XXXXXXXX obviously being their phone number.

Did you know with a non iPhone data plan you can upgrade to unlimited texting for only 5 dollars? Whats even worst is that Att is charging you 20 bucks and you cant even send videos or pictures. Its pretty much a rip off for us iPhone users. :(

Oct 23, 2007
sweet

Thats a great work around thanks! I'll try it out. Now my girl friend doesn't have an iPhone and she doesn't have the internet on her phone. Can she still send a MMS to me? It doesn't sound like it from what you wrote but at least i can send MMS to her. Thanks again for the help.

You can send MMS to other peoples phone's (using an email address) and they can send an MMS to you, but it also has to be in the form of an email.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
She can send you the MMS as an email (my friends do that to me all the time), but she will rack up data plan type charges. If she has no plan, I could not tell you how much that will be?

Thats a great work around thanks! I'll try it out. Now my girl friend doesn't have an iPhone and she doesn't have the internet on her phone. Can she still send a MMS to me? It doesn't sound like it from what you wrote but at least i can send MMS to her. Thanks again for the help.

shawn744

Oct 24, 2007
She can send you the MMS as an email (my friends do that to me all the time), but she will rack up data plan type charges. If she has no plan, I could not tell you how much that will be?

Hey guys...okay wait...so you guys are saying that if i purchase the iPhone, and get the $40/month data plan...that i can't receive normal MMS messages? Like someone with a motorola phone for example....runnin on ATT network...selects SEND MMS picture on their phone....it wont go through to mine? Isn't there a send link next to pictures on the iPhone? ?

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Got it in one. You can only send/receive pictures via email.

Hey guys...okay wait...so you guys are saying that if i purchase the iPhone, and get the $40/month data plan...that i can't receive normal MMS messages? Like someone with a motorola phone for example....runnin on ATT network...selects SEND MMS picture on their phone....it wont go through to mine? Isn't there a send link next to pictures on the iPhone? ?

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England

Anyone know if a similar facility is available for Orange in the UK and what the address is?