Question about the app store deadline

joeg679

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I read on gizmodo.com that the deadline to enter programs into the app store is coming up in the next few days. Does this mean that if you don't have your app in there by the deadline it will never get in? I thought it was going to be like the installer program, where I refresh the sources every day and see the new apps that were added since the last time I refreshed. I am not a developer, but I was looking forward to downloading new stuff every week at least. Thanks

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Perhaps this means that you need to have it in by then in case you want it to be ready at the opening of the App Store. I can't imagine them limiting the available apps to just the ones that are available at the initial inception.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
no, of course not. you will be able to add new apps whenever. the deadline is just for the ones that want to have their app up at the OPENING of the store. I guess Apple is just doing this to make sure they have as many apps as possible available at the launch of the store. it just wouldn't make any sense to not have any more new apps after the deadline seeing as some developers don't have their apps ready.

justahsquirrel

Silver
Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
ditto....you have to get you apps in by monday or it will not be available on launch day. Other than that, I will still get there, just not on launch day. Lots of app sales will be done on that day. So thats why you'd want to get it out as soon as possible....

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
by the way, the app store is not necessarily opening on 7/11. I thought i've heard it may not launch until late July.

Jul 1, 2008
that would really suck.. i was planning on buying super monkey ball as soon as i get out of the store haha

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
The app store will be open next Friday on 7/11. People can still turn in apps for approval, but they just might not get them on the app store for the launch.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Righto, July 7th is the deadline for having the applications available on July 11th. You'll always be able to submit apps.

- John

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
I read on gizmodo.com that the deadline to enter programs into the app store is coming up in the next few days. Does this mean that if you don't have your app in there by the deadline it will never get in? I thought it was going to be like the installer program, where I refresh the sources every day and see the new apps that were added since the last time I refreshed. I am not a developer, but I was looking forward to downloading new stuff every week at least. Thanks
more apps will be put in on a regular bases, the deadline is simply for apps that want to be available on launch day