question about the iPhone plans

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mach1mustang_101

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
ok so i am on a family plan with cingular. when i get the iPhone all i do is put my sim card in the iPhone and im ready to go after i activate it? or how much more will i have to pay? i don't understand this voice plans and data plan stuff.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
ok so i am on a family plan with cingular. when i get the iPhone all i do is put my sim card in the iPhone and im ready to go after i activate it? or how much more will i have to pay? i don't understand this voice plans and data plan stuff.
You will not swap your SIM card you'll use the one that comes in the iPhone and HOPEFULLY it will not be defective.

The iPhone plan is $20 added to your family plan.

Maaz

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
LA California
you will just be adding a 20 doller data plan or more if you wish, onto your existing deal, and you can choose to add a new line for the iPhone or use it on one of your other lines you have already.

mach1mustang_101

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
ok well it has 3 phones in the plan the other 2 are going to stay normal phones. mines gonna be the only iPhone. i have 700 txt messages and that does me fine. when i get the data plan does that mean free interenet all the time and email? with no extra cost? and wil i get free visual voicemail with it to? and then it comes with extra 200 text messages. so i will have a total of 900 text messages. then can i go to cingular and ask to take 200 off and save me money?that way im back at 700