Question about the new update :)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Jessaw1981

Bronze
Mar 17, 2011
I have always used the search on my iPhone 4 by going all the way to the left and the search bar comes up. It would search the phone then I could hit search web. Ever since I updated to 5.1 it just searches the phone. Any way to get the web search back? Thanks.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
A hard reset is performed by holding the power and home button at the same time. Ignore the slide to power off. When you see the Apple boot symbol release both buttons. Wait approx. one minute and your phone will be back to normal.

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
A hard reset is performed by holding the power and home button at the same time. Ignore the slide to power off. When you see the Apple boot symbol release both buttons. Wait approx. one minute and your phone will be back to normal.
:) your pretty good at these directions for everyone, Ray!

Apple iAddicted

Contributor
Bronze
Feb 20, 2012
Seems I am giving them out a lot lately.
Was one of the first things I learned when I joined. (thank you Mindi)
It solves a lot of little hiccups.
yeah it does since I read your post about hard reset back on another thread a while back I use it atleast once a week anytime my phone lags in the least and it perks right up. The slide to shut down don't fix nothin waste of an option in my opinion.
There aren't any drawbacks to doing hard resets too often are there?

Sent from my 32GB iPhone 4s!
Only thing iPhone is missing is an expandable memory port! Come on Apple give us a microSD port already!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
yeah it does since I read your post about hard reset back on another thread a while back I use it atleast once a week anytime my phone lags in the least and it perks right up. The slide to shut down don't fix nothin waste of an option in my opinion.
There aren't any drawbacks to doing hard resets too often are there?

Sent from my 32GB iPhone 4s!
Only thing iPhone is missing is an expandable memory port! Come on Apple give us a microSD port already!
No. It's fine. I do it all the time.