Question about the "No SIM Card Installed" issue

Punkrulz

Bronze
Sep 22, 2009
Hey guys,

So after upgrading my iPhone to the iPhone 4 today, just mere minutes of leaving Best Buy I began to experience this "No Sim Card Installed" issue. I thought maybe it was an issue with the version of the software on it, and it resolved itself after a reboot so I continued to take it home. Unfortunately this became way more problematic than I expected to the point where I am returning the phone tomorrow for a new one (hopefully they'll do that for me).

My question is: Is there a way to verify on the box (perhaps via serial number or something) what phone is in the package and if it's somewhere that would've had this sim card issue? I picked up the 32gb Black iPhone 4, so I don't know if it was perhaps a problem with an old batch or if it's still a current issue. I would like to know when walking out of the store if I was going to have a problem or not.

Thanks!

Irish Rose

Zealot
Sep 6, 2010
When I first got my iPhone 4 I had a real problem with no "No Sim Installed" error message. Turns out it was in all the way. Try taking out the SIM and placing it back in until you hear a clicking sound. That is what fixed my problem.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Punkrulz

Bronze
Sep 22, 2009
Ahh sorry I should have been a tad bit more descriptive with my post... I troubleshot the heck out of this issue. The sim card has been removed and reinserted countless times. It appears to be secure but after a period of time that changes and I get the error again. Doing research I've even attempted the "tape" method (not double sided) and had no luck.

Right now I hate having a phone that could get the no sim card installed error anywhere, at any time, and it could cause serious repercussions.

SenseiPhone

Jun 9, 2011
SenseiPhone.com
Only re-inserting micro-sim doesn't work well. I usually re-insert the micro-sim, then restart the iPhone and repeat it a few times. If the problem persist, I would go with a restore option before I smash my iPhone 4. :mad: