Question about the Starbucks Gold VIP Card

MyRichLife

Zealot
Gold
Nov 19, 2009
South Florida.
Guys & Ladies of EIC forums,

I have a question for you..I recently just became a Starbucks Gold VIP Card member and was wondering if you guys can tell me a little bit more about it. I read a little bit about it on Starbucks website but I want to hear it from the individuals who actually have the card and how they like it?

- Jamie

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I have one and love it. I buy coffee by the pound and I regularly get coupons for free beverage of my choice. I use them to pick up Venti Fraps. Definitely a good program for anyone who frequents Starbucks.

MyRichLife

Zealot
Gold
Nov 19, 2009
South Florida.
I have one and love it. I buy coffee by the pound and I regularly get coupons for free beverage of my choice. I use them to pick up Venti Fraps. Definitely a good program for anyone who frequents Starbucks.
Thanks Chris for the information. How would I use the card just like the rewards card? I like my Venti Frappachinos!

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
I have one and love it. Like Chris said, it's just like a gift card but is attached to their rewards program. As you probably saw on their site, you earn a free drink with every 15 drinks purchased (they send you a card in the mail that's your free drink coupon) and you get a free drink (another voucher via mail) on your birthday every year. You get free syrups and other additions all other times. I've gotten other free coupons for a free pastry and tall frappuccino. I think the more you use it, the more free coupons for other stuff you get. I don't use mine all that much since I work from home and don't get to a Starbucks every day.

My favorite part about Starbucks (not related to the Gold card) is using their iPhone app to pay for my drinks. I never even have to get my wallet out - they just scan the barcode in the Starbucks app and I'm done.

MyRichLife

Zealot
Gold
Nov 19, 2009
South Florida.
I have one and love it. Like Chris said, it's just like a gift card but is attached to their rewards program. As you probably saw on their site, you earn a free drink with every 15 drinks purchased (they send you a card in the mail that's your free drink coupon) and you get a free drink (another voucher via mail) on your birthday every year. You get free syrups and other additions all other times. I've gotten other free coupons for a free pastry and tall frappuccino. I think the more you use it, the more free coupons for other stuff you get. I don't use mine all that much since I work from home and don't get to a Starbucks every day.

My favorite part about Starbucks (not related to the Gold card) is using their iPhone app to pay for my drinks. I never even have to get my wallet out - they just scan the barcode in the Starbucks app and I'm done.
Thank you for the information MacGirl. So, I get free drink on birthday wow that is nice! My birthday is August 12th so around the corner and soon. So when I go to Starbucks just let them scan the barcode in the Starbucks app instead of taking the card out of my wallet that is pretty cool! How does the scanner work in the new Starbucks app work?

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
If you haven't already, be sure to enter your mailing address and your birthday in your Starbucks rewards account through their site - they need both of these to send your free birthday drink voucher to you. I missed mine my first year because I neglected to do this. :(

Once you log into your account in the Starbucks app, you'll have access to all your registered cards and you just tap on the "touch to pay" button to "flip" the view over to a scannable barcode version. This video is a little old but it shows how the app (the older version, but it still works the same way) works to pay in a store:

MyRichLife

Zealot
Gold
Nov 19, 2009
South Florida.
If you haven't already, be sure to enter your mailing address and your birthday in your Starbucks rewards account through their site - they need both of these to send your free birthday drink voucher to you. I missed mine my first year because I neglected to do this. :(

Once you log into your account in the Starbucks app, you'll have access to all your registered cards and you just tap on the "touch to pay" button to "flip" the view over to a scannable barcode version. This video is a little old but it shows how the app (the older version, but it still works the same way) works to pay in a store:

Yes ma'am I have my birthday on my account so I'm ready for my free drink. I like using my card more than using the money I have which is a good thing I suppose. Well happy birthday I'll drink a Starbucks in your honor..Deal? :D

Awesome thank you again for the video you did for the Starbucks card and thank you for your welcome link as well! You have some great information there to. For my last question and I'll quit bothering you lol...In the Starbucks app the new one what is the Scanner use for? I would guess to scan the barcode on the sandwhiches and etc?

MyRichLife

Zealot
Gold
Nov 19, 2009
South Florida.
I think the scanner does scan the UPC codes on products at Starbucks nice feature to have for people to learn about each item they want or might be interested in. I learned something new to be honest I never knew I could let the Starbucks employee scan the card they always asked for it and I handed it to them. Thank you :D