Question about the syncing of music / apps w/ iTunes?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Punkrulz, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Punkrulz

Punkrulz Member
    Bronze

Hey guys,

Just doing some more research before actually buying the iPhone (I have to wait until Early November anyway). One of the things I'm concerned with is the copying of music to the iPhone. I'm thinking about getting the 16gb, since I really do not want to copy much of my music to the phone (I'll have some preferred songs / artists and stuff for ringtones). I have an iPod for all of that stuff.

Is there an easy way of handling what gets copied back and forth? I'm assuming that I'll have to specify that my iPhone is a manual device within iTunes and not automatic sync. Does this mean that when I connect the iPhone, I will have to make sure ALL music (except what I want) is unchecked? Or does that only again affect the auto sync?

I think that's it for now, thank you!

2. bass_lover1

bass_lover1 Member
    Bronze

For music I just tell iTunes to sync a specific playlist I made. You can manually tell it to sync all checked songs, but if you have nearly 4000 songs like me that becomes a pain.

3. llrickman

llrickman Contributor
    Silver

You can Pretty much set it to sync however you want. I have mine set to manual sync and only sync checked songs , apps , and movies.
    It sounds like the 16gb will work for you I have 2 movies a season of family guy and over 700 songs and still like 8 gb open
    if you have the extra $$$ to get the 32 I'd do it but I don think it would be necassary

4. Punkrulz

Punkrulz Member
    Bronze

Yeah I followed the instructions of creating a playlist which would be the only one that the iPhone would sync with... and that's only 2.44gb worth of music. If I had the extra cash I would get the 32gb, however as you said I think it may be a bit unnecessary.

Now I have to figure out how I'm going to effectively sync my contacts from my Palm Centro to my iPhone (tedious process, since I can't sync centro with Vista x64... ugh) and also what kind of case to get. I want a waist wallet type case, but I'm very concerned about dropping and smashing the screen.

What does the full insurance cover, and thats $70 right?

Is it recommended that I purchase from AT&T, or should I get the iPhone from the nearest Apple Store?