Question about transferring to Pay as you go

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

xply

Oct 15, 2007
Hi. Currently I am on T-Mobile and would like to switch to cingular due to better coverage in my area. I compared my reception signals with that of my friend and have found out that cingular had the better reception where I live. Is it possible to transfer my T-Mobile number to a pay as you go plan? If so, how do I go about doing this? Also can you add text message bundles to a pay as you go plan and does it work the same way? as in paying every month for the bundle?

htech

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Hi. Currently I am on T-Mobile and would like to switch to cingular due to better coverage in my area. I compared my reception signals with that of my friend and have found out that cingular had the better reception where I live. Is it possible to transfer my T-Mobile number to a pay as you go plan? If so, how do I go about doing this? Also can you add text message bundles to a pay as you go plan and does it work the same way? as in paying every month for the bundle?

You can not transfer the account to ATT. However if you have an unlocked phone you could get a sim card from ATT and use your same phone once you signed up for a plan. The pick your plan with ATT has been coverage than the pay as you go. The post paid plan is by far the best and allows you to access to some of the network with more roaming agreements than prepaid. I found out with friends with regular ATT accounts that even the pick your plan prepaid option does not allow you to go off network or roam as much as a regular plan...it has something to do with roaming agreement. As far as text messages you can add text to pick your plan. You can also just use text messages and they will decrease you monthly balance.