Question about TV

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
My Big screen, which is rear projection, has 2 component inputs (the green the blue etc.). This however, doesn't necessarily mean it will display my PS3 in anything above standard quality, does it?

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
For optimal quality with the ps3 you would need an hdmi cable. Although most cable providers that offer hd only give you component cables to hook up to your tv. But you will have better quality with the component cables than you would with just the good ol' red white and yellow cables.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
My Big screen, which is rear projection, has 2 component inputs (the green the blue etc.). This however, doesn't necessarily mean it will display my PS3 in anything above standard quality, does it?
Component video (Red Green Blue) cables will yield similar results to HDMI. Of course, HDMI is optimal -- one cable for video/audio. You can get excellent quality cables at http://www.monoprice.com. Don't buy from BestBuy. Higher price and no difference in quality.

To sum up, yes component will offer you excellent high quality resolution for your PS3. I'm using component for my XBOX 360 and HDMI with my PS3. Very little if no difference between the two. I personally prefer BluRay to HD-DVD.

-Chris

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Blu-ray is far better then hd-DVD and with the protective coating they put on the disc you have less to worry about when it comes to scratches

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Okay well here's what ended up happening:

In my room I have the 53" rear projection TV with composite input for my television viewing, and I have a projector for my computer monitor (Everything iPhone, of course).

The projector however only supports lame component, so I never connect my PS3 to it despite the large screen size.

If I want HD, I have to move PS3 to either the living room or the basement because we have 2 plasmas there that support HDMI.

Unfortunately all and all, the rear projection in my room is not HD, and the composite cable only made it better quality - not High Def.

Kind of a bummer over all, but I appreciate the help. Composite is a better connection than component any day - HD or not...