Question about upgrade.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mizuhri

Bronze
Aug 28, 2007
US of A
justin.fatcake.com
Alright I am kinda lost on what exactly the 1.1.1 update does to peoples phone. I iBricked my phone. Then I installed Apollo Chat and just replaces some icons on my phone. What would the update do to it?

Thanks to whoever answers.

tdefriez

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Depends on if you are unlocked or not

If hacked only (that is if you have only Jail broken and installed 3rd party apps) then you'll lose you applications and the ability install them only.
If you have unlocked (enabled use on non-AT&T SIM) then it will make the phone part of the device unusable
If you have hacked and unlock the apps go and the phone part will no longer work

There are several posts saying you can recover to 1.0.2 from the update to 1.1.1 but I have not tested this myself

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
If your phone is not an unlocked phone (operating on a network other than AT&T) and it is simply a modded phone then I would recommend that before you update your iPhone to 1.1.1 you complete a restore through iTunes.
Ultimately, if you decide to upgrade you will most certainly loose Apollo and any other 3rd party application you had on your phone. But, if you choose not to do a restore then your phone may lockup during installation of the 1.1.1 upgrade.
Some have been successful in installing the upgrade with their 3rd party applications still installed and others have run into serious issues in doing so.
Simply...don't risk it...do a full restore and then an installation of 1.1.1.

mizuhri

Bronze
Aug 28, 2007
US of A
justin.fatcake.com
If your phone is not an unlocked phone (operating on a network other than AT&T) and it is simply a modded phone then I would recommend that before you update your iPhone to 1.1.1 you complete a restore through iTunes.
Ultimately, if you decide to upgrade you will most certainly loose Apollo and any other 3rd party application you had on your phone. But, if you choose not to do a restore then your phone may lockup during installation of the 1.1.1 upgrade.
Some have been successful in installing the upgrade with their 3rd party applications still installed and others have run into serious issues in doing so.
Simply...don't risk it...do a full restore and then an installation of 1.1.1.

I just won't upgrade. I don't need wifi music stores.