Question Buying iPhone 3G

rhwd2003

Sep 25, 2008
Hey guys,
Thanks ahead of time for your help.

My company where I work at I have got approved to purchase an iPhone and run it through our company but for some reason our telecom manager told me that our corporate account is on some older contract and we have an iPhone lock on our account and we cant purchase any iPhones through the biz account until we renew our contract with AT&T. So they told me if I can purchase one I can get it activated on the biz account somehow.

So my question is what is the cheapest route for me to get an iPhone in my hands?

Purchase one personally and then cancel within 30 days and just get charged the fee for the device i think it was $175 additionally, so that would be $299 16gb iPhone, $70 first month and look at a total of $544. My only question is once I cancel will I ever be able to activate this phone at a later date on our corporate account or will I have to unlock it?

I could purchase one off of eBay for $700 that is unlocked... my only question can I activate this later on down the road on our corporate account or will I run into problems? Do unlocked iPhones limit you from downloading apps and using the full potential of the phone?

LegendAmI

Sep 14, 2008
Rhode Island
Hey guys,
Thanks ahead of time for your help.

My company where I work at I have got approved to purchase an iPhone and run it through our company but for some reason our telecom manager told me that our corporate account is on some older contract and we have an iPhone lock on our account and we cant purchase any iPhones through the biz account until we renew our contract with AT&T. So they told me if I can purchase one I can get it activated on the biz account somehow.

So my question is what is the cheapest route for me to get an iPhone in my hands?

Purchase one personally and then cancel within 30 days and just get charged the fee for the device i think it was $175 additionally, so that would be $299 16gb iPhone, $70 first month and look at a total of $544. My only question is once I cancel will I ever be able to activate this phone at a later date on our corporate account or will I have to unlock it?

I could purchase one off of eBay for $700 that is unlocked... my only question can I activate this later on down the road on our corporate account or will I run into problems? Do unlocked iPhones limit you from downloading apps and using the full potential of the phone?
I don't believe you can buy an unlocked iPhone 3G...