Question Concerning iPhone & Edge Network

williamrob42

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I want to know if you can surf the net using Edge and receive an incoming call at the same time. This may have already been posted before. But I was surfing the net using the Edge Network. Meanwhile someone was trying to call me and the call would not go through. The called said they got my voicemail. Just wondering if this is normal? Thanks for the help.

williamrob42

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Extra Note: The Caller said they received my voicemail. I had did not receive the call while surfing the net using Edge. Thanks

williamrob42

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Thanks, I have owned the iPhone for a while, and didn't realize this, Tim

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Thanks, I have owned the iPhone for a while, and didn't realize this, Tim
yes, this really sucks. only way to know if somebody calls is if they leave a voicemail...otherwise you never know they call. And if you're like me, you never leave a voicemail for anyone. I do a lot of web browsing on my phone, so I'm sure I miss a good portion of my calls. Then again, nobody really likes me, so maybe not.

williamrob42

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Thanks I appreciate it.. Even though this is a problem, I still love the iPhone!

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Thanks I appreciate it.. Even though this is a problem, I still love the iPhone!
yeah, thankfully it won't be a problem when the 3g iPhone comes out. I'm already counting the days...I just wish I knew how many days I had to count! LOL

KeKe

Bronze
Dec 26, 2007
I just noticed that you can't receive a call while on edge. Haha. My father just called me and it went to voicemail O.o

miketl

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
hmm. weird..
i just tested mine out and my call did go through..
then again I am in Canada so im guessing my network has "3G"