question concerning ZiPhone and windows

catagory5

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
Hey guys,

Last week I used ziPhone 3.0 for my iPhone with my mac and it worked flawlessly. ( thanks to everyone who helped)
My question is this, my friend has a 1.1.4 iPhone that he has had for about 8 months or so. It has never had any mods or jailbreaking done to it. He has a PC and I told him to use ziPhone. BUT, here is where I am a little unshure. Does he have to do a restore on the Phone before he jailbreaks it with ziPhone? Or can he just close out iTunes and with his phone still plugged in just do the "jailbreak" straight away? I would assume he doesn't need to restore it. Thanks for the responses I am sure we will get!

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Hey guys,

Last week I used ziPhone 3.0 for my iPhone with my mac and it worked flawlessly. ( thanks to everyone who helped)
My question is this, my friend has a 1.1.4 iPhone that he has had for about 8 months or so. It has never had any mods or jailbreaking done to it. He has a PC and I told him to use ziPhone. BUT, here is where I am a little unshure. Does he have to do a restore on the Phone before he jailbreaks it with ziPhone? Or can he just close out iTunes and with his phone still plugged in just do the "jailbreak" straight away? I would assume he doesn't need to restore it. Thanks for the responses I am sure we will get!
You're right he does not need to restore.

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
from what i have heard you should always restore and set up as new to not give problem with cookies and picture roll

wd_stroke

Bronze
Apr 12, 2008
And iTunes must be open to use ZiPhone.

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007
iTunes

And iTunes must be open to use ZiPhone.
iTunes does not have to be open to use ZiPhone. I recommend that you actually restore as a new phone twice in a row (just to make sure it is really good and restored), stop it from syncing with iTunes after restore, unmount the iPhone from iTunes, close iTunes and run ZiPhone 3.0.

wd_stroke

Bronze
Apr 12, 2008
Hmm, it displays that iTunes must be open to use when you first open ziPhone.

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007
ZiPhone 3.0

Hmm...Windows version may be different then. I use a MacBook and I always have iTunes closed when I jailbreak iPhone/Touchs. I've not had any major problems nor ever had to re-jailbreak my own iPhone.

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
In windows you do need iTunes to be open to run ziPhone.

dobymax

Bronze
Oct 19, 2007
Yes, iTunes must be open with Windows.

wd_stroke

Bronze
Apr 12, 2008
His title / header clearly states: question concerning ZiPhone and windows