Question for all the campers...

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by CASEACE79, Sep 19, 2013.

1. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Contributor
    Bronze

So when is everyone planning on getting to their carrier or Apple store? Just curious and trying to figure out when I should show up.

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I plan on waking up at 4:00. When you factor in the snooze button, I hope to leave my house around 4:45 with a 5:00 am arrival time. The lines will be longer because of no-preorders. All things being equal, I would guess that iPhone 5 demand will be greater than the iPhone 5s. Bigger screen, non-S year.

Again, all of that doesn't matter because of the lack of pre-orders and the iPhone 5c to boot. There have to be a few crazy people going to the Apple Store for the groovy colors.

3. snowtrooper1966

Gold

Won't be camping this year.....
    I'll have to live vicariously though you all. Not due for an upgrade yet and am in no hurry to lose my JB.

I will say that make sure whatever store you go to allows lines. I've read too many camping threads with sad tales of lines getting dispersed by over zealous/bored mall cops.

I do think the lines may equal the 5 launch as there were no preorders available. Also think there may be quite a few disappointed folks who show up late, with the reports of small numbers of 5S's available.

If I were camping, I'd be in line around 10PM.

4. cliffeman

cliffeman Zealot
    Gold

I'm going to scope out the 3 closest Apple stores in my area. See what the lines are looking like later tonight. Worse case scenario, I may get in line around 10 or 11.

5. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Contributor
    Bronze

My mall is great. They don't allow lines but there is someone handing out numbers and we line up about 15min before the mall opens. The mall cops even open the mall every hr. for people to use the restroom.